Get Fit Stay Fit 5k – Register Your Team Now!
Developed by the Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce Healthcare Committee, Get Fit Stay Fit is a unique workplace event that kicks off with an employee fitness training program and concludes with “Hall County’s Largest Office Party.” Get Fit Stay Fit promotes health, wellness and fitness among area companies and their employees.
If you work for a small company, large corporation or are self-employed, join us! The event will attract some 2,000 participants at all levels – from competitive runners to social walkers. Over 100 companies and dozens of individuals, ages 10 to 80, will gear up for Get Fit Stay Fit 2009!
5 Basic Steps to Participate in Get Fit Stay Fit 2009:
1. Recruit a team captain from your company.
2. Sign up as part of your company team or sign up as an individual.
3. Join a fitness program from February 19 – April 16. Choose to Get Fit by taking advantage of one of the FREE Training programs offered by area facilities (limited memberships available): Center Stage Fitness, Fitness Forum, Jazzercise of Gainesville, The Body Sanctuary, JA Walters YMCA, the Frances Meadows Center or First Baptist Family Life Center. Also, all participants will receive 15% off any regular priced running shoe at Runners Fit; a 8 Week Training Schedule for Runners or Walkers, a Free T-Shirt after the race and weekly fitness, nutrition and training tips.
4. Participate in the Get Fit Stay Fit 5K Run Walk at Riverside Military Academy on Thursday, April 16 at 6 p.m.
5. Enjoy “Hall County’s Largest Office Party” following the run/walk with award recognition including the Fastest CEO, Fastest Team and Most Spirited Team, with live entertainment from the Riverside Band.
Frequently Asked Questions & Helpful Information:
Can we bring strollers? Jogging strollers can only be used on the walkers’ course.
Are pets allowed at the race? No pets are allowed.
Do we need a team shirt? Team shirts are encouraged. Remember, we are going to award the best team T-shirt.
Will our team have a designated area to warm up in? Yes, tents are available to rent. Set up can begin after 12:00 p.m. Please contact Robyn Lynch (770-532-6206) for more information regarding placement of tents, or download the Tent Registration Form and include it with your registration online.
Do you have to run? No, walkers are encouraged.
Can family members of employees be on a team? Absolutely, family members are welcome.
Is there a minimum/maximum for a team? No, the top 5 runners’ times will be calculated for team awards.
How can non-athletic employees participate? In the best team spirit cheering section!
Will there be on on-site parking? Yes, but please car pool with your team members.
To register for the 2009 Get Fit Stay Fit 5K Corporate Challenge on April 16, contact Robyn Lynch, 770-532-6206. Email: email@example.com or register online at getfitstay