by Rob Fowler, Turner Wood & Smith Insurance
One of the most daunting tasks I face today as a healthcare consultant is managing important information necessary to advise my clients. Since the passing of the Affordable Care Act, there have been countless papers, blogs, books, viral videos, articles, news reports, webinars, and other materials produced on the topic of healthcare reform.
The majority of this information that is circulating is just plain wrong! It is my job to wade through this enormous amount of material and determine the “good” information from the “bad” or incorrect information.
To assist Chamber members and the public in obtaining a better understanding of healthcare reform, Turner Wood and Smith Insurance, Northeast Georgia Health System and the Greater Hall Chamber is sponsoring a Healthcare Reform Seminar on Thursday, September 13 from 8:30- 11:00 a.m. at the Georgia Mountains Center. You may be asking yourself, “Do I need to attend?” Before you decide, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Am I required to offer insurance to my employees?
2. Are there small business tax increases in the health reform law?
3. I have a pre-existing condition. Can I get health insurance coverage?
4. Do businesses have to offer health insurance to families who are already covered
5. Will health reform law require nearly all Americans to have health insurance
starting in 2014 or else pay a fine?
6. Does the health reform law create a new government run insurance plan to be
offered along with private plans?
7. What will the new law do to the rates I am paying?
If you do not know the answer to these questions, plan to attend. These questions will be answered at the September 13 seminar. You will also receive a health insurance reform booklet.
The Healthcare Reform Seminar is Thursday, September 13, 8:30 -11:00 a.m., at the Georgia Mountains Center. The seminar will update businesses and the community on how we are all affected by Healthcare Reform with discussion from experts in the field. $15 Chamber Members; $20 Non-Members. Registration required. Jean McCullough, 770-532-6206. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make reservations online: greaterhallchamber.com
Related Information Register for Seminar!