The City of Flowery Branch has much to offer residents and visitors, including an historic downtown center, access to the beautiful Lake Sidney Lanier and close proximity to other regional destinations, such as Atlanta (45 miles) and Downtown Gainesville (12 miles). In 2016, Flowery Branch adopted a comprehensive plan to help guide community goals and new developments through 2035. As a result, the city boasts several recent developments in and around the downtown area including a spectacular, new city hall. Furthermore, The Residential Group (TRG) is currently developing a mixed-use project in downtown Flowery Branch, which includes 13 apartments and 7,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. Following the completion of the project in October 2020, The Residential Group will develop two parks – one of which will include a farmer’s market – and focus on street-scaping the downtown area. The Residential Group project is the cornerstone of Flowery Branch’s redevelopment efforts.
Other Reasons to Visit Flowery Branch:
- Antebellum: Named one of the “50 Best Southern Restaurants” by OpenTable
- Sterling on the Lake: A top residential community for lake living
- Stonebridge Village: A retail destination
- IBM Performance Field: The Atlanta Falcons’ Headquarters and Training Center
- Hideaway Bay Marina: Located within walking distance from downtown