Environmental Health & Safety Committee
Through educational forums, the Environmental Health and Safety Committee promotes and expands environmental and health and safety management of local existing industries. At monthly meetings, environment and safety speakers discuss topics such as:
- What's New: OSHA Impacts
- Saving on Energy Costs
- Communicating with Safety Team Members
- Georgia Green Loans / Energy Efficiency Loans
- Back Injury Prevention
Committee members also benefit from:
- SAFE & GREEN: Annual half-day assembly of regional Georgia industry representatives for 3 speakers and 20+ exhibitors. This event began in 2004 and has grown annually.
- Enviroshare Tours: A trained team of Enviroshare volunteers conduct an invited, no obligation audit of solid waste, energy use and safety practices on-site and provide written feedback.
- Annual Wellness Expo for employee health and safety.
The Environmental Health and Safety Committee is dedicated to a healthy Georgia environment and promotes safety practices, because in Georgia, safety is a priority!